Participating in the Work of the Lane’s Cove Historical Association
The Lane’s Cove Historical Association is dedicated to the preservation of public properties at the Lane’s Cove Public Landing. The LCHA raises money for maintenance projects, engages volunteer labor, and seeks in-kind contributions of construction materials.
There are a number of ways to become involved with the work of the Lane’s Cove Historical Association.
- You can let us know your interest to be considered for election as a Director.
- You can contribute labor to maintenance projects as they come on-line.
- You can provide gifts of cash or construction materials.
Interest in Becoming a Director
If you have an interest in standing for election as a Director, please send us an informal note that tells us about the following:
- Why you are interested.
- What you would like to do (for example, help with fund-raising, help with outreach to the community about the current and proposed activities of the organization, help with coordination of maintenance projects and their attendant costs).
- A brief description of the skills, interests, and experience you bring (for example, working with non-profit organizations, organizational management, construction/restoration, technical capabilities, accounting training)
We are committed on an ongoing basis to recruiting community residents with the widest range of backgrounds and talents to help keep the LCHA vibrant with new ideas. Please send a note of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interest in Contributing Labor
The LCHA will help coordinate community outreach for finding residents with the interest and motivation to contribute their physical labor for the maintenance of Lane’s Cove historical property (for example, the Lane’s Cove Fish Shack). All levels of experience are welcome, from those who can help with organizing the work to those who can engage in restorative construction.
Please send a note of interest to email@example.com
Money donations should be made by checks payable to the Lane’s Cove Historical Association. Your cancelled check is your receipt for your tax deductible gift. Send your donation check for the Lane’s Cove Historical Association to Barbara Jobe at 8 Duley Street, Gloucester MA
Donations of construction materials should be discussed in advance with the Association’s President, Ralph Pisaturo. You can reach Ralph at firstname.lastname@example.org